Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 4 of Awesomeness

The fourth day we spent on Mission Beach. They have a boardwalk there and we got an awesome parking spot since the day started out overcast and no one was out. If any of you know Blake... when he gets an awesome parking spot we are not going anywhere. In this case, though, it was perfect. We started out on the boardwalk, going on some rides and then spent the rest of the day on the beach. Blake built and fort with the boys that actually withstood the tide. The kids spent most of the day digging, eating, and chasing the tide and the birds.




Here are the girls destroying the hard work of the boys. We are so mean! (Actually, it was to keep people from tripping.)

In closing, I need to give a shout-out to two of the awesome places we ate: Big Kahunas Pizza (which didn't serve pizza at all, but Hawaiian BBQ, yum!), and Island Pasta on Coronado; (homemade pasta) I will never forget your manicotti. And I huge "thank you" to my brother, Matt, the San Diego expert. Awesome advice and tips and I promise we will go to Kona's next time!

By the way, anyone notice how many times I used "awesome" in the last few posts? Cali must be rubbing off on me!

0 comments: