Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 2 and 3 of Awesomeness

The next day we went to Sea World and the kids had a blast. We got there at opening and stayed until closing. It was amazing! The kids loved the beluga whales and stayed at their exhibit for a full hour, I believe. The dolphin show was a big hit, along with the dog and cat show, the tide pools and the ray exhibit(which were hands-on). We saw everything but Shamu. I know, terrible, huh? And we even got out of there without a stuffed animal. I think that is unheard of.



The big pay-off was that the kids actually understand what whales and dolphins, etc. are now and still want to read and learn about them. Chase always wants to wear his whale shirt now, when he only wanted his train t-shirt before... yea, I get to expand the wardrobe!



























On day 3 we went to the USS Midway. I enjoyed the history since my great uncle was in the Battle of Midway and I always remember stories of what happened to him. It was an amazing restoration of the carrier and they even had some helicopter and planes on the deck much to the delight of my aircraft-obsessed children.
















The second half of the day we went to Cabrillo NM. It is right on the point and the views are amazing. There are several hikes there, but we went specifically for the tide pools. The kids poked all the anemones they saw. We found a few crabs and lots of sea life. We all ended up soaking wet and had a great time in the process.









We ended the day with a swing on the beach back at the hotel.

0 comments: