Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nerd Withdrawal---- HELP ME!



So, I was sick and tired of reading and watching all these series out that seem like they are never going to end (at least in the next year). Then I heard Battlestar Galactica was ending this year and it had awesome reviews from many critics. Perfect! I can watch a show that will have some kind of conclusive ending! So, I start renting season 1 of Battlestar Galactica. Blake was home when I started watching and he sat down with me. Well, very early on we were hooked. And by hooked, I mean obsessed. We get videos through blockbuster.com and they were not coming fast enough (we get three at a time, mind you). We tried being patient, but soon Blockbuster had become our evil nemesis and we couldn't wait for them any longer. We bought all the series on Amazon.com and had it shipped to us overnight. Unfortunately, we did this on a Friday which meant we wouldn't get it until Monday. AARRRRGGHHH!!! We didn't know how we would live out the weekend! We would debate who we thought were the "final five," what we would do if we were Adama, what is with Starbuck's mental issues, why doesn't someone just kill Baltar, etc. We would dream Battlestar Galactica. Every night was a rush to put the kids to bed so we could watch BSG until 2:30 in the morning and wake-up with what we coined a BSG hangover.

Now, we have reached the last of the episodes on DVD and we have to watch the rest of the series ON REGULAR TV!!!! WEEK TO WEEK!!!! WITH COMMERCIALS AND EVERYTHING!!! What everyone on Earth is a Cylon!? I still can't believe Colonel Tye is one! What is with dead Starbuck? And what exactly does her being the harbinger of death REALLY mean? Is it because Cylons are mortal now? I so called it that Ellen was Cylon back in season 2! What have they done to Lee Adama's character now, he has become a whiner! Overload! Overload! My brain is melting! What do I do with my life now!? How do I go on?! I am going through nerd withdraw! Someone help me! Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all..... SO SAY WE ALL!

4 comments:

Lisa K said...

If you can recall, I'm not a fan of sci-fi at all but I love this series! Joe is into sci-fi and he got me hooked. Did you ever get into the Firefly series? That's another good one.

Botill Family said...

Yes! I saw Serenity first and watched Firefly afterwards. Very sad that the series was cancelled.

Larry & Erica Evans said...

ok...so funny. Larry LOVES BSG. He can't wait for this season,. We were bummed when the two guys kissed last week. YUCK. Why did they have to throw that in there. They had some sort of webseries. Enjoy the season!

Lesleigh said...

Wow! And my husband makes fun of me because I occasionally recite lines from "Friends"!

You guys take the cake!! (tell Blake I called him a big ole' nerd!)